As Sporting Goods Properties, Inc. (SGP) completes environmental clean-up of the site, it seeks to create a balanced redevelopment that allows for significant conservation of undisturbed natural areas along with low-impact market-driven development oriented towards areas that were previously disturbed and developed.
Site remediation and restoration efforts are designed to facilitate the successful creation of the Lake Success Eco Business Park and the preservation of the ecological assets surrounding Lake Success. The substantial size and characteristics of the property provides an opportunity for new office, light industrial, institutional or hotel development, based on market interest. Initial planning concepts suggest 60-70% of the property, including inland wetland and upland forest, would be conserved and retained as natural areas, balanced with 30-40% of the property made available for redevelopment.
The proposed Lake Success Eco Business Park is envisioned as a model of sustainable, eco-friendly development in the heart of southcentral Connecticut.
- Wooded lakefront campus setting
- Central urban location within a unique suburban-like environment
- Located in Connecticut’s vibrant One Coast Region and Lower Route 8 Corridor
- Close proximity to Metro North rail system
- Minutes to major highways, including I-95, RT 8/25 and Merritt Parkway
Potential Development Features
- Multi-modal access to site (bus, auto, bike, walking)
- Pedestrian access around lake
- Low Impact Development
- Green infrastructure
- Eco-Friendly LEED Certified Development
- Passive Solar design
- Local Energy